Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Office

Now that I'm back from Nicaragua, it's time to get down to business and get the projects done.  Yes, there are multiple projects to complete.  Our project team came back from Nicaragua with two projects: one at Rama (multipurpose church/school building) and one at Bluefields (kitchen/dining hall and grounds keeper house).  Those are two of the four projects that I am aiming to complete.  The other two are past projects that my project leader lead.  For one reason or another, the projects were not completed the previous two semesters.  Sometimes that happens.  Another reason for motivation is that my project leader is taking a sabbatical of sorts.  He has been leading projects for 10 years now and it's time for a break.  This is a good thing to do because leading projects three times a year can be exhausting with all the travel and so on.  Before he can go on this sabbatical all of his projects must be completed.  Since I am his intern this semester, it is up to me to get these projects completed.  It's a tall order, completing four projects in one semester.  We'll have to see how this goes.  


Here's a picture of one perspective of the office.
This is a picture looking up from the "Fishbowl".  The name of Fishbowl was given to this area because of the walk around hallway up on the second floor.  The people down on the first floor always seem to have someone looking down upon them which makes them feel like they are fish in a fishbowl with people always looking down at them.  It takes a while to get accustomed to that.  My office is up in the top right corner of the picture, just to the left of where I'm standing. It's a cozy little corner of the EMI office.  It's near enough to people where I can hear what's going on but also removed enough that I can focus on the task at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment