Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Birthday

This last weekend was my birthday.  My parents made the journey out to Colorado Springs to celebrate with me.  I was glad that they made the trip out.  They made it into town on Friday which gave them time to stop by the office and meet many of the people that I work with.  My mom had also brought a special dessert to share with everyone in celebration of my birthday.  People get excited in the office when visitors stop by, especially when they bring food with them.  
We then went to see some of the sites in the area, one of which was Garden of the Gods.  It's incredible that Garden of the Gods is so close to town because I enjoy going there so much.  I would recommend going there if you are ever in the Colorado Springs area.  After that we went to Glen Eyrie to see the castle.  I was curious by this adventure because I didn't know that there were castles in the United States, especially in Colorado.  We made it out there and this is what we saw.
I enjoyed the tour and hearing about all the different intricacies of construction that made the castle like it is.  
The following Monday I found out that my birthday celebration wasn't over just yet.  It's a tradition within EMI to celebrate people's birthdays by bringing in a cake or some other dessert to share with the rest of the office.  At 2pm the email went out saying that everyone needed to go to the conference room to get cake for my birthday.  This is what we saw and I was impressed.  I guess I talk about the farm and farming quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment