So I've somewhat lost track of what day it is. The last few days have been lots of traveling. Thursday was flying from Denver to DC. Friday was flying from DC to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. That was a long flight. Half way through, I thought that I should take a picture of something to document the trip. Since it was dark out and we were somewhere over the Atlantic, I decided to take a picture of a map that shows where we were at.
Did I mention that this was a long flight?
Once we made it to Addis, we had a short day before flying out to Libreville, Gabon. We 'toured' the city and one of the sites that we saw was the original location of the patriarch seat of the Ethopian Church. It was quite colorful.
On Sunday we flew from Addis to Libreville. Nothing exciting happened there. Sunday evening we had supper with a ministry that EMI served earlier this year. I had the opportunity to sit in on a meeting where this ministry discussed the potential for EMI to assist on another school expansion project. Two things became more apparent to me; 1) EMI services are needed in so many different places and in so many different ways and 2) the Kingdom of God is HUGE! This particular group is doing so much to help the Gabonese people. It's great to see people helping others so well. I'm glad to be a part of something like this.
Today, which is late in the day on Monday, we drove down to the hospital in Bongolo which is in the southern part of the country. Again, there wasn't anything super great about the car ride other than we got here to the hospital.
We got a small introduction to the hospital staff and the vision of the hospital. There is a lot that goes on at this hospital. It's impressive the amount of things that go on with the small number of staff and the limited budget. You'll read more about this in the following days.
No comments:
Post a Comment