Today was the first full day of investigating the issues and coming up
with preliminary solutions. We toured the site and talked with various
doctors about the improvements that they would like to see. I won't go
into much detail about the improvements that we are trying design
because the ministry here is so incredibly amazing. There are dozens of
different things that happen here on the hospital campus. Here is an
aerial photo of the campus taken just yesterday.
One amazing fact that I just learned today is that people will drive for 8+ hours just to come to this hospital! The care that they receive here is spectacular. It may look like some of the buildings here are old and run down but that doesn't stop the doctors and the staff from taking their jobs very seriously. Seeing how much is done with so little only spurs me on even more to help provide the best designs and solutions that I can. Their reliance on God, work ethic, and care for the poor is nothing short of infectious.
I would like to take a moment and ask for your prayers. Several of the team members have come down with some sort of stomach bug or other ailments. Would you please pray for healing so that everyone can focus on the task at hand so that we can serve this ministry to the best of our God given strength? Thank you in advance.
INFECTIOUS indeed! This blog is a fantastic help in accurately living vicariously! :)
ReplyDeleteI will pray!
ReplyDeleteSo I had heard that this hospital desperately needs nurses...check it out for me? :)
ReplyDelete