Saturday, November 6, 2010

England

On our way back to Canada, Chris and I decided to stop for a few days in England to visit our fellow interns in the UK office.  These interns were near and dear to us.  Back in Colorado Springs during our Orientation, we had small group time where we shared more deeply about our lives and discussed other things that we had learned throughout the week.  We became rather close during those few days in August so taking a short trip to go see them was a no brainer.  This is a picture of our group minus one intern who was gone on a project trip.  
In the five days that we were there, we got to see lots of impressive things.  I had never been to England before so it was all new to me.  We saw the typical tourist sites in London, lots of little churches in the villages and countryside, the Colechester Castle, and the shore of the sea somewhat shown above.  We also attended a Bible study where the other two interns typically went.  It was an entertaining mix of people.  Even though we were in England, there were more Americans there than British.  
A few days after that, I was fortunate enough to attend a house warming party for different EMI intern.  He and his wife were opening up there house to some of their friends.  The four of us pictured above all made the trip along with some of their friends from university.  As we sat around the table, I was hit by a hilarious situation.  There were four American having a great time with six British people that we had never met before.  It was a great time.  We joked and laughed and conversed for hours.  I will always have fond memories of that time.
Chris and I eventually had to head back to Canada.  We took the train back into London and got on our plane.  Public transportation served us well during those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment