Today was church. We went to the church where Painito was preaching and had our second experience of African churches. We sat up in the front corner of the room looking at the rest of the congregation. Singing songs was also quite the experience. Since I didn't know the language, I had to focus rather intently on the words if they were projected on the the screen so that I could sing along. Much to my delight there was a melody that I recognized. Even though the words were different, I could make my way through "How Great Thou Art".
Several of the team members were invited to come up to the pulpit and share a few words to the congregation. Each team member would say a few words and the translator would translate the English words to Kurundi, the local dialect. Here is a picture of Ben during this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment