Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Orientation

I realize that I haven't updated the blog in a while, but there have been a lot of activities going on in the last few days.  To continue on from the last post, Stop #2 was at a cousin's place here in Colorado Springs.  He was gracious enough to let me stay at his place until Orientation with EMI began.  Orientation is where this big adventure really begins.

The week known as Orientation was great.  It was incredible to see so many different people coming from so many different parts of the US coming from so many different backgrounds come together and work towards a common goal.  Each one of the interns has been called to use his/her talents on some project that will send them overseas to help the poor and needy.  Orientation was a week of building relationships, finding out our talents, and learning about culture in other parts of the world.  It was a great week of learning.

The last day of Orientation was difficult for me.  It was the last day that all 27 of the interns would be together.  Most of the interns flew away to various overseas offices.  The only inters that were left were the Canada and Colorado Springs interns (there are 12 of us total).  Even though it had only been a week, I didn't want the various groups to leave.  We were having a great time.  Knowing that in 4 months I may not see any of them again was tearing my heart into 27 different pieces (there were 27 interns total).  Deep down inside, I know that each of them needs to leave to fulfill God's will.  That is most important.  Below is a picture of the interns that I spent a week with.  We spell eMi.

1 comment: